Location: Alameda, CA
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Mid Level
Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power LLC is seeking a highly motivated Chemical Technician with expertise relevant to research & development (R&D) in chemical testing, operation and maintenance of inert atmosphere systems, and conducting experiments in molten salts. In this role, you will contribute to development and deployment of the company’s engineering testing capabilities including assembly and maintenance of gloveboxes, vacuum pumps, gas transfer systems, furnaces, chemical testing equipment, and high-temperature molten salt loops. This role will involve setting up and overseeing a high hazard chemistry laboratory, including the development of safety practices for handling toxic solids, liquids, and gasses. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Maintain laboratory gloveboxes to a high level or rigor including day to day operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of associated systems.
- Supervise glovebox users to maintain system cleanliness and best practices
- Support safety planning and communication for our test stands
- Assist in design, fabrication, installation, troubleshooting and repair of engineering infrastructure and chemical testing equipment
- Support development of testing procedures for high hazard operations
- Execute tests and collect and organize data based on guidance from test engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- Years of experience: 5+ years working in an engineering laboratory required
- Must be experienced with gloveboxes, inert atmosphere systems, vacuum and or hermetically sealed gas handling systems
- Desired experience working with and troubleshooting analytical chemistry equipment
- Desired experience with high temperature chemical systems
- Desired experience with handling toxic materials. Experience with corrosive gasses, hydrogen fluoride (aqueous or anhydrous), or beryllium is preferred
- Comfort working in high hazard environments with engineered safety systems
- Desired experience with the use of hand and shop tools such as drill presses, hydraulic presses, cut-off saws, tube benders and belt sanders.
- Must be able to use multimeters and other basic measuring tools.
- Must be competent in the installation and termination of basic electronic cabling system and control chassis.
- Careful workmanship, attention to detail, and accurate logging of data are required.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.