Location: Alameda, CA
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Mid Level
Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power LLC is seeking a highly motivated prototype shop technician with expertise relevant to setup, operation and maintenance of advanced machine shop equipment. In this role, you will contribute to development and deployment of the company’s internal manufacturing capabilities in support of engineering design. The candidate must have knowledge of infrastructure, setup, operation and maintenance requirements for advanced shop equipment, expertise in modern manufacturing techniques, and proven record of successful work in collaboration with engineering teams. The ideal candidate takes pride in their craftsmanship, organization and attention to detail in a fast-moving exciting environment.
- Provide fast turn-around prototypes for engineering development
- Interact with engineering teams to handle and execute work requests
- Propose optimal/innovative machining techniques for given designs/jobs
- Work with other team members on large assembly projects
- Conduct training occasionally on machine usage and best practices as needed
- Coordinate with external vendors to meet production schedules along with quality standards in collaboration with Kairos engineering teams.
- Adhere to and promote safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Years of experience: 6+ years working in a prototype shop environment
- Experience with manual and CNC machine tools required
- Strong background in GTAW welding process involving thin wall materials, including exotics
- Experience reading and providing design feedback on mechanical drawings and assembly
- Experience with CAD/CAM– Solidworks, HSMworks and Camworks ideal
- Experience working with stainless piping, tubing, pressure vessels desired
- Experience with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and API standards desired
- AWS Certified Welder Certification desired
- Experience working and helping research teams
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.