Industrial Controls and SCADA Code Developer
Location: Alameda, CA
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Experienced
Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power LLC is seeking a highly motivated programmer with expertise in the development and integration of PLC/DCS systems into a complex physical systems. The codes being developed by Kairos Power are be used to develop an integrated plant simulator (Digital Twin) of the KP-FHR in support of design, licensing and operational activities. The candidate must have Ladder Logic, Structured text and or SFC programming experience. Knowledge of high-level coding languages such as Fortran and C/C++, as well as scripting languages such as MATLAB and Python, a plus. The candidate must be experienced in the use of revision control infrastructure (Github) and continuous integration services (Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.). Candidate must also be experience industrial networking and database integration
- Enhance code usability through optimization of input, output, and post-processing interfaces, batch processing, etc.
- Assist in the development of required code documentation and manuals
- Code optimization for performance and robustness
- Support integration and development of company wide industrial network infrastructure
- Develop optimized control phylosophies for plant control systems.
- Develop algorithms code for control of ETU process control
- Develop algorithms and code for control of KP-FHR power plant process control
- Integrate data historian and vendor software servers into SCADA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Ladder logic, Structured text, or SFC a must
- Proficiency in the use of C/C++
- Experience in HMI/SCADA integration and development
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python and MATLAB
- Experience in working cross-functionally with teams developing codes for different physical systems/processes is desired
- Knowledge of Industrial hardware such as: PLC’s, DCS’s, unmanaged/managed switches, and servers, a must
- Knowledge of wired and wireless industrial communications, desired but not required.
- Familiarity with P&ID’s and C&E Matrix diagrams
- Industrial networking design experience a plus
- Experience in Agile based software development approaches is desired
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Education: BS or equivalent degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics, with a focus on software development and industrial networks
- Years of experience: 3+ years of experience for BS or 1+ years for candidates with an MS
- The candidate must be familiar with parallel computing infrastructure to be able to support the development of multiple-instance parallel run capability in the developed codes.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies.