Location: Albuquerque, NM
ExpMin. Experience: Student (College)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience relevant to operation and maintenance of advanced fabrication and machine shop equipment. Preferably the individual would have work experience in a shop environment and be used to doing hands-on fabrication work. In this role, the individual would contribute to the fabrication of various constructs to support the Kairos Power testing program. The individual should be able to work successfully in a team environment and be self-motivated. The ideal candidate takes pride in their craftsmanship, organization, and attention to detail in a fast-moving, exciting environment.
- Student with at least three years of post-secondary education in an engineering or mechanical field.
- Have exposure to CAD and/or Solidworks modeling and prototyping.
- Comfortable working in a laboratory environment with hand tools.
- Knowledgeable about shop safety, detail-oriented, and commitment to quality
- Able to translate information from drawings or models
- An excellent technical communicator: Actively listen for and identify the team’s needs, anticipate priorities and keep the team apprised of relevant information.
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Support the preliminary design of the Engineering Test Unit, a half scale reactor
- Use CAD/CAE tools to support the design decisions regarding the ETU.
- Become a CAD design pro working with our talented engineers to create new designs or update designs to increase performance and/or manufacturability.
- Provide fast turn-around prototypes for engineering development.
- Interact with engineering teams to handle and execute work requests.
- Propose optimal/innovative fabrication techniques for given designs/jobs.
- Work with other team members on large assembly projects.
- Conduct training occasionally on machine capability and best practices to enhance design for manufacturing knowledge base, operator safety, and strengthen team collaboration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be available for a minimum of ten weeks.