Senior Quality Innovation Engineer
Location: Alameda, CA
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Experienced
Kairos Power LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Reporting to the Director, Quality Innovation, the Senior Quality Innovation Engineer supports the organization responsible for quality management and innovation for the Kairos Power fluoride salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (KP-FHR). The Senior Quality Innovation Engineer assists with supervision, development, and maintenance of Kairos quality assurance (QA) program and implementing procedures. Follows QA program requirements for technology development, testing, and design, along with site characterization and licensing activities and fuel cycle facility licensing, component manufacturing, construction, startup testing, and operations. Manages and performs oversight, surveillance, and internal and supplier audit activities. Supports execution of the KP-FHR licensing strategy, related to quality-related activities, as well as pre-application interactions with the USNRC.
- Supervise and support planning, development, and implementation of Kairos QA program
- Provide support for quality-related licensing topics
- Supervise and support development and implementation of QA program modules for reactor development, test program design and execution, site licensing, and fuel cycle facility development
- Aid with integration of non-NRC QA program requirements (e.g., ISO) seamlessly into Kairos Quality Management System without undue regulatory exposure
- Supervise and support development of Kairos QA program infrastructure, including records management, document control, QA program maintenance, training, procedure development, corrective action, and internal audit/surveillance
- Coordinate/integrate QA program requirements into engineering processes, including requirements development/flowdown
- Support scoping, planning, and execution of Kairos test program to meet development goals and regulatory requirements
- Support project management and engineering teams in generating design and development plans that meet Kairos Power’s FHR deployment objectives
- Support decomposition of top-level regulatory requirements into SSC requirements and ensure the KP-FHR is designed in accordance with these requirements
- Mentor and develop less experienced QI staff
- Provide cross-functional leadership across multiple teams to ensure innovation in engineering and testing programs and processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in technical product/program quality from early-stage to proven including system architecture, requirements, design implementation, integration, and verification/validation
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, open to new ideas, collaborative in nature with full buy-in to the Kairos Power mission
- A natural bias for action, comfortable delivering on commitments and holding him/herself and team accountable; a respectful individual that embraces challenges with an unwavering focus on driving results and meeting design milestones
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills; must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Significant experience in nuclear licensing and system design, or analogous technology(ies) with significant regulatory and quality requirements (e.g., FDA, FAA/aerospace), with thorough understanding of evaluation, design, and regulatory acceptance of a new technology is a plus
- NQA-1 Lead Auditor qualification preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Nuclear Engineering, or related field required
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Nuclear Engineering or related field desired
- 7-10 years experience demonstrating increasing technical leadership
- Must have proven track record of nuclear or similar quality program experience, a drive for efficient implementation and also a constructive team member
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.