Location: Alameda, CA
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Manager/Supervisor
Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
The Accounting Manager owns a role in Kairos Power's close process and leading financial projects. In doing so, this individual will collaborate with colleagues across the company from Engineering, Operations, and Strategy to provide key business insights to financial analysis and assist with business decisions made by the company.
- Oversee monthly project meetings, representing accounting and presenting financial reports.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement
- Respond to internal and external stakeholder inquiries
- Manage financial systems and integrations
- Prepare month-end reporting package
- Design, refine, and optimize month end close procedures
- Prepare / Review flux analysis explanations for balance sheet accounts and assist FP&A with the income statement accounts as needed.
- Prepare / Review balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and define new accounting flows
- Manage new implementations and/or operational changes when necessary.
- Coordinate required tax filings
- Perform tasks for the senior accounting manager
- Manage subordinate accounting personnel that prepare accounting work.
- Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints, and resolve problems
- Coordinate/facilitate cross-functional efforts across multiple teams
- Provide Accounting guidance to Kairos staff
- Combination of Big 4 / Big 8 audit experience and private company experience
- 5-9 years applicable Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong business partner with high-energy and a hands-on approach
- Experience driving new processes that involve multiple stakeholders and user groups
- Able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated history of empowering a team with unwavering professionalism and integrity
- Ability to act and operate minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish tasks
- Ability to multitask and meet assigned deadlines
- GAAP Knowledge (Accruals, COGS, and Capitalization versus Expense)
- Strong analytical skills, with expertise building and managing complex Excel templates
- Committed to high standards of accuracy and precision
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to adapt job responsibilities as required to meet the demands and opportunities of a rapidly growing company
- Experience working in the Accounting function in a start-up company environment
- Preferably experience in a high-growth technology sector, with hardware
- Proficient use and management or accounting software (Ex: NetSuite, Coupa, Expensify)
- Cost Accounting
- R&D Tax Experience
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.