Location: Alameda, CA
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Entry Level
Kairos Power is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer with expertise relevant to thermal, structural and mechanical design and testing. In this role, you will contribute to the engineering design and technology development programs for the FHR. The candidate must have experience in solid mechanics, thermal and stress analysis, and computer aided design (CAD). Hands-on ability to work in machine shops is also desirable.
- Develop mechanical design information, including functional requirements, for major FHR systems, structures and components, and document in design packages
- Perform mechanical design tradeoff and optimization studies
- Create and update CAD models for FHR systems, structures and components
- Create engineering drawings, including dimensioning and tolerancing
- Perform thermal and stress analysis using analytical and FEA analysis methods
- Maintain knowledge of and assess compliance with applicable codes and standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 1+ Years of experience including industry internships or research laboratory; additional CAD and mechanical design experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with CAD modeling is a requirement
- 1+ years of experience using analytical methods and FEA simulation to perform thermal and stress analysis.
- Experience working in machine shops is desirable
- Familiarity with applicable codes and standards, particularly Division 5 of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel code, is a plus
- Combination of both design and analysis experience is preferred.
- Experience with design of nuclear mechanical systems, such as remote maintenance, casks and shielding, is a plus
- Broad experience across plant engineering topics is a plus
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.