Plant Layout Engineer
Agency and Engineering
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Experienced
Kairos Power, LLC is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer with expertise relevant to plant design and engineering database integration and management. In this role, you will contribute to the engineering design and technology development programs for the FHR. The candidate must have experience in multi-discipline engineering plant design and 3-D graphics development.
- Develop, maintain and administer multi-discipline detailed plant design and engineering databases to enable data-centric 3-D model and process engineering specifications for product development, project and construction management while adhering to applicable OSHA, ASME, AISC, NRC, ASTM and other major codes and standards
- Create scripts and develop engineering drawing templates that enable transfer of 3-D plant model information to 2-D drawings showing geometric dimensional information, such as, plan and isometric views of piping, general arrangement drawings, instrumentation line diagrams, welding and fabrication details
- Enable 3-D visualization of construction sequencing, pull-space management, inventory management, clash report and clash management.
- Communicate with all stakeholders both, internal and external, in a timely manner on project and product design information and escalate design risks
- Create engineering database reports and templates for project management, engineering design, construction management and support, request for quotations, purchase order management and cost management
- Perform mechanical design tradeoff and optimization studies
- Develop scripts to automate and expedite drawing production and design engineering information transfer to technical reports
- Develop integration scripts to enable import and export of engineering data between different software and modules
- Mentor team members on usage of various plant design platforms and provide training as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5-7+ years of experience including industry internships or research laboratory; additional CAD and mechanical design experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Integrated plant design and engineering database products AVEVA E3D, PDMS, Engineering, PID, Electrical and I&C modules.
- Ability to develop and administer database rules and programs for full integration between various AVEVA modules
- At least 5 years of experience in full life-cycle database management of 3-D plant design preferably in new product introduction and/or product development
- Proficient in writing scripts for database administration and integration
- Experience in setting rules within 3-D model for generating general arrangement drawings, piping isometric and part drawings for quotation, fabrication and construction.
- Proficiency with CAD modeling preferably SolidWorks is desirable
- Experience in field construction and fabrication shop is highly desirable
- Familiarity with applicable codes and standards, such as ASME, OSHA, NRC, AISC, ASTM and other safety codes is required
- Combination of both design and analysis experience is preferred.
- Experience with design of nuclear mechanical systems, such as remote maintenance, casks and shielding, is a plus
- Broad experience across plant engineering topics is a plus
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.