Regulatory Affairs and Quality
Location: Alameda, CA
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Entry Level
Alameda, CA or Charlotte, NC
Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power, LLC is seeking a highly motivated Engineer to support our licensing team, with a primary focus on environmental and siting evaluation aspects associated with the licensing process. The licensing engineer will report to the Director, Licensing and ensure applicable regulatory requirements are identified, evaluated, and implemented in accordance with Kairos Power licensing strategy. This position supports development and preparation of Kairos regulatory submittals, such as construction permit and operating license applications, topical reports, and interactions with the USNRC.
- Develops licensing products (safety analysis reports, topical reports) in areas of assigned responsibility, including planning, preparation, and defense with the regulatory reviewer
- Provides day-to-day coordination with other disciplines for licensing-related activities in support of licensing documents development
- Supports pre-application meeting interactions with the USNRC
- Supports licensing strategy execution
- Supports resolution of key strategic licensing topics (e.g., licensing basis development, human factors, emergency management, siting, etc.)
- Supports regulatory analyses and regulatory framework development
- Supports scoping, planning, and execution of Kairos test program to meet regulatory requirements
- Supports Project Management and Systems Engineering in generating design and development plans (schedules, milestones, cost models, decision criteria, etc.) that meet Kairos Power’s FHR deployment objectives
- Support Systems Engineering in the decomposition of top-level regulatory requirements into SSC requirements and ensure the KP-FHR is designed in accordance with these requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: BS or higher degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, Electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Years of experience: entry level. Nuclear industry or research laboratory internship experience preferred
- Collaborative team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, open to new ideas, collaborative in nature
- Experience with design of nuclear systems is a plus
- New nuclear plant, fuel cycle facility, or operating plant experience is desirable
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.