Location: Alameda, CA
ExpMin. Experience: Student (College)
Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal of dramatically improving people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
As a Strategy Intern with Kairos Power, you will have the exciting opportunity to support our team by researching and analyzing data to best support Kairos’ forward looking strategic initiatives, and help define the execution plans that the team will use to deliver those initiatives.
While supporting corporate strategy development and innovation initiatives, you will work within a small direct team, but across a cross-functional organization, dedicated to driving our corporate strategic planning roadmap, leveraging data and market insights to inform critical company decisions.
We are looking for a creative, proactive and enthusiastic intern with a solution-oriented mindset with the ability to change course quickly in a high-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a savvy graduate student with a passion for corporate strategy and business development.
- Perform market research and analysis to inform company strategy and business development
- Support make-buy recommendations and company vertical integration strategy
- Support the development of the cost model and cost reduction strategies for Kairos Power’s fluoride-salt-cooled high-temperature reactor (FHR)
- Analyze consumer trends, the industry landscape and corporate realities to develop business strategies and the associated product strategies that deliver profitable growth
- Apply these strategies to build actionable product plans that fit within business constraints
- Work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive information
- Establish clear, compelling product direction for program teams to execute
- Synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends and/or recommendations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, or similar background with at least 2 years of corporate strategy experience
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust within the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market and/or customer requirements research and to communicate results and associated impacts on related business imperatives
- Experience conducting financial analysis, with preferred experience working with cost models and on cost strategy
Must be available for a minimum of ten weeks and can be part-time. This internship is a paid internship.