Director, Business Development
Location: Alameda, CA
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Senior Manager/Supervisor
Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the goal of dramatically improving people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power is growing its Business Development team and is looking for a Director to drive the development and management of partnerships and commercial opportunities from concepts to realized business impacts. The role will report into the VP of Business Development and will work closely with Kairos Power’s Technology, Engineering, Program Management, Finance, Strategy, and other teams to manage and execute business critical partnership and commercial initiatives.
Role is based at Kairos Power headquarters with travel as business initiatives require.
Role and Responsibilities
Strategic Partnership Development:
- Execute partnership development strategy. Develop required partnership structures, models and programs
- Develop and manage financial models to evaluate the business opportunity and risk of proposed partnership initiatives, and to support pursued partnership negotiation strategies
- Structure, contract, negotiate and close partnership agreements. Coordinate closely with internal cross-functional experts and external advisors and counsel to manage deal development, negotiation and execution of partnership agreements
- Manage business relationships with senior management of strategic partners
- Develop and manage commercial growth strategy execution
- Manage commercial accounts; including building and maintaining Kairos Power’s commercial relationships with senior leadership within those targeted accounts; including strategic utility relationships
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership and external stakeholders to develop offerings and related marketing programs. Including identifying and/or evaluating new commercial opportunities
- Structure, contract, negotiate and close commercial agreements. Coordinate closely with internal cross-functional experts and external advisors and counsel to manage deal development, negotiation and execution of commercial agreements
- Manage the development of related collateral, models and frameworks
- Prepare and present management updates across various levels of the organization, including the executive leadership team, and to partner leadership
- Hire, develop, and manage Kairos Business Development team as business growth requires
- Coach and mentor stakeholders outside of the Business Development organization who are collaborating on partner and commercial business initiatives
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
- Established business development experience, coupled with strong energy market business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate and lead complex, cross-functional business development initiatives across both internal and external teams, managing with both direct authority and indirect influence
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial, able to effectively manage ambiguity, and to independently prioritize work based on business imperatives
- Demonstrated history of acting and leading with unwavering professionalism and personal integrity
- Experience with developing and managing senior client relationships, and serving as a bridge between client counterparts and internal product management and engineering teams
- Strong financial analysis and modeling capabilities, comfortable designing, building and reviewing advanced models in Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including email and PowerPoint
- Proficient in structuring, negotiating and closing complex partner and commercial agreements.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in client-facing roles advising on business growth and strategy (e.g., top-tier consulting, financial services, or research and advisory firm)
- 3-5+ years of relevant business development experience in the energy sector (e.g. early-stage cleantech, development, large energy services, and/or utility companies)
- Relevant utility business experience
- Commercial experience with energy generation, e.g. project development, emerging technology commercialization
- Master' degree in Business Administration or similar field
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.