Health and Safety
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Manager/Supervisor
Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal of dramatically improving people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
This position is responsible for the planning, coordination and oversight of the facility's environmental health and safety programs. Utilizes loss control principles and technology to analyze and control conditions contributing to environmental deficiencies, occupational hazards and diseases, reporting and projects as assigned.
- Ensures and evaluates adherence to the Injury and Illness Prevention Program; develop and sustain systems to drive compliance, continuous injury reduction and environmental performance.
- Processes all Workers Compensation claims; Works with facility's Workers Compensation for loss runs and claims management.
- Works with first-line supervisors to design job specific training and ensure delivery; coach and counsel employees in EHS responsibilities.
- Maintains working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulations and identifies all requirements that apply or may apply to the plant.
- Ensures accurate reporting and record-keeping where required (e.g., OSHA Log 300 and 300A).
- Monitors the Hazard Communications Program for the facility including accuracy and archiving MSDS sheets.
- Manages the Loss Control activities for the facility.
- Oversees accident reporting procedures; provides weekly accident reports to the Plant Manager and makes recommendations for improvement
- Conducts regular plant walk-through inspections and reports safety violations or items/area of concern the Plant Manager and enters the applicable information into the appropriate system.
- Conducts monthly Safety Committee meetings; serve as a resource to safety teams and initiatives.
- Coordinates with Facilities to assure new and current operations are properly permitted and compliance with permits is carried out.
- Maintains Plant safety and first -aid supplies
- Develops, reviews and conducts EHS-related training; performs safety orientation as part of the new hire orientation meetings.
- Knowledge of pressure systems safety, electrical systems safety, shop safety, fall protection, construction site safety
- Preference for someone with EMT or paramedic qualifications
- Must have safety and environmental regulatory compliance experience and knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local regulations and procedures.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in EHS or related field within a manufacturing environment.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proven track record of safety.
- Knowledge of general health and safety practices.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional areas
- Knowledge of chemical hazards such as beryllium and asbestos and mitigating techniques.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Must tolerate working environment with inside ambient temperatures reaching 100+ degrees.
- Must be able to work in a busy office setting.
- Must be able to work within a manufacturing setting and tolerate oil, grease, dust and occasional fumes.
- Requires walking in production areas, wearing PPE, possible lifting up to 35lbs.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to occasionally climb, balance, taste or smell.
- Must be able to periodically stoop, kneel, crouch, walk or crawl.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be willing to participate in the company medical surveillance program; includes a BeLPT Test, physical exam, and pulmonary function test.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.