Location: Albuquerque, NM
Type: Full Time
ExpMin. Experience: Entry Level
Kairos Power is seeking a highly motivated Machine Shop Helper with experience working in welding and machine shop environments. In this role, you will contribute to the manufacturing program by providing assistance to machinists and welders in a variety of tasks including forklift operation, shop cleaning, assembly work, and machine upkeep. The candidate should be capable of physical labor and working safely in a hazardous environment. The ability to operate shop equipment or weld is also desirable.
- Maintain clean shop environment though removal of chips, dust, and debris from manufacturing operations
- Organize incoming deliveries
- Move palletized items via forklift throughout the facility
- Provide assistance in assembly work on shop floor
- Assist in operating machines under supervision of qualified fabricator
- Be available for general labor and chores in the facility such as assembling tools or furniture
- Show a willingness to learn and gain new skills on the job
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- 0-2 years experience in shop environment
- Ability to physically lift up to 60 lbs
- Ability to properly and safely use hand tools
- Able to take instruction and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Proven team player with excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work overtime hours or flexible hours
- Willingness to work nights if needed
- Ability to be insured on company vehicles
- 2+ years experience in shop environment
- Familiarity with CNC mills, welding, and manual machines
- Forklift certification
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we do business in. Kairos Power, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power, LLC. participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.